Thursday, March 20, 2014

It's a new day!

I realize that rebranding is never easy. Why start something over when you've got a good thing going, so to speak?

I've been blessed recently by seeing more traffic come across my blog, Just Another Day in the Life, and I am so grateful.  But it also made me realize that it seemed confusing to tell people the name of my blog but to send them somewhere else.  I wanted the name of the blog to match up with the address.


I also realize that if my blog is going to gain more notice, it's better to make these changes earlier rather than later.  So, with that in mind, welcome to 


The name of the blog came from a discussion I was having with my children in the car one day.  My oldest mentioned that they had been discussing the story of Esther in youth group.  I told the kids how much I loved that story and how often I found myself reflecting on the words that Mordecai spoke to Esther when he asked her to speak to King Xerxes about the new law to kill all the Jews.  He said to her (and I paraphrase), "Don't think that you're too special for this law to affect you.  One way or another, the Jews will be saved from this horrible thing.  But, do you not think that perhaps you have been put here for just such a time as this?"  (Esther 4:13-14).  I told my kids that it reminds me that God has a purpose and a plan for everything in my life.  And His purpose and plan will happen with or without my help.  But how much more awesome is it to think that He has allowed me to play just a small role in His plan?  And that He has placed me directly in the situation I'm in, the family I'm in, the church, the community, the day to day living that I'm in "for just such a time as this."  Who am I to turn down that chance?  Why would I want to?  If God thinks it's right??

So that's what this blog is about.  The life that comes about "for just such a time" as this.  I hope and pray that you'll continue to follow me on our journey.  If you are already a follower on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook, than nothing has changed.  If you were following by RSS feed or email, you will need to update your information.

And thank you for your love and for taking the time to read my ramblings.  I know your time is precious.  And because of that, you are precious to me.

PS: In case you ever wonder, I LOVE comments.  It's like getting Christmas presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment