Sunday, May 18, 2014

Bringing things into focus

It has been crazy busy in my world these last few weeks.

I had the blessing of attending a 3 day practicum for Classical Conversations as well as training for tutoring Essentials next year. Right now I'm extremely excited.  Ask me again in a month or two and I may have a different answer.  :-)  Though it did remind me again how very much I love the other moms on our campus and how terrific our director is.

On top of that, we wrapped up our Girl Scout year with a fun bridging ceremony.  And Awana and children's Praise club wrapped up.

Oh, and two weeks ago, my husband started a new job that put him back into his chosen field after 5 1/2 years of waiting on the Lord.  He loves it and I cannot tell you what a blessing it is to see him slide back into that role.  The only downside is that he's working 12 hour days right now and the job is a 45 minute commute.  So, we don't see a lot of him during the week.

With all of that I've been praying and struggling with the idea of what God is calling me to focus on.  What is my area of ministry?  Where should I be spending my time and what needs to go?

Initially, I thought that was just in regard to my hand's on ministry with church and scouts.  But as I sat and listened to our speaker last week at practicum and training, and I found myself away from the computer and not missing it, I began to wonder.  Perhaps my feeling that I "need" to stay on top of this blog is coming from me and not from the Lord.  While I love this outlet for organizing my thoughts and sometimes sharing my opinions on things, I don't know that this is where I need to be focusing my time.

"They" say that to be a successful blogger, you should post a minimum of twice a week.  I get that.  But I'm not interested in posting just for the sake of posting.  And I'm fairly sure that no one is terribly interested in reading another "today, we did math, reading, and history.  The end."  I don't have any strong desire to do reviews.  They take up a lot of time and frankly, I VERY happy with what we're already doing.  I'm glad to tell you all about that, though, if you're interested.

So, with that, I wanted to just be honest and say to anyone who may be reading this (if anyone is reading this) that while I will still probably be posting on Facebook and maybe Twitter fairly regularly, I don't see myself posting here as much.  I may still post various thoughts on things as they come up, but more for me than for any other reason.  If someone else gets something out of it, than praise God.  I just don't think any more than that is the most efficient use of my time.  The video below, which my kids made me for Mother's Day, shows me what I think God says I'm to be focusing on.



  I have some pretty amazing kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment